The Teacher is responsible to provide activities and opportunities that encourage curiosity, exploration, and problem-solving appropriate to the developmental levels and learning styles of children.
The Teacher reports directly to the Lead Teacher, and is a full-time position with benefits. The successful candidate will exemplify Bright Future’s Core Values: Teamwork, Professionalism, and Respect.
Program Development and Delivery
● Develop a positive relationship with each child and promote the development of self-esteem and self-discipline
● Provide a supportive environment in which children can learn and practice appropriate and acceptable individual and group behaviors
● Nurture each child in all aspects of development: social, emotional, cognitive, cultural, and physical
● Participate in creating developmentally appropriate lesson plans, gathering materials for implementation
● Observe and document each child's development with anecdotal notes, photos, and child’s work
● Plan and prepare classroom environment with coworkers
● Engage joyfully and sensitively with children
● Supervise children
● Attend classroom and staff meetings as scheduled
● Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
● Have working knowledge of Title 22 regulations: ratios, supervision of children, health and safety
● Become familiar with the Parent Handbook and its policies
● Interact with parents and family members, maintaining open and cooperative communication, encouraging and welcoming their involvement in the program
Desired Attributes and Skills
● Perform as a respectful, collaborative, and supportive team member
● Maintain composure to handle difficult situations
● Often required to stand and sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat, crawl, twist, turn, push and pull
● Lift and carry up to 25 pounds
● Hear and understand speech at normal room level
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and education. This is a non-exempt position.
Bright Future is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. The organization's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Bright Future also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Bright Future is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact Bright Future at the information included in this job posting.